Sunday, March 4, 2007

Basketball 'R Us

My parents came to visit this weekend. Thanks, Mom and Dad! We hadn't seen them since Thanksgiving. With illness over Christmas break and then basketball season starting up we hadn't had a free weekend to go see them.

They came to watch the kids play basketball and I'm pretty sure they got their money's worth. Collin's team made it through the tournament to play in the championship game tomorrow night. Collin even hit a 3-pointer for his grandparents. This league is serious business. Not for the faint of heart.

Cambryn also played a game. Her league is strictly fun, thank goodness. They use different colored wristbands to match up opposing players and when she's playing defense she sticks to her "man" like glue. She stares them down, too, because she said her coach told her to look 'em in the eyes.

Have I mentioned that I, myself, am nursing a basketball injury? I was playing with Collin in the driveway and as he tried to "stuff" my shot (his word), he fell against me, our feet got tangled up and I twisted my ankle. It's all bruised and swollen. Lovely.

Lest you think I'm a basketball wizard, whenever I play with Collin he gets so freaked that I'm actually playing that he laughs for the first five minutes. But I can still win because I'm taller. Sometimes.

Enough basketball. I've decided on my next freebie. Now I just need to get started on it, lol. Maybe I can get it out before the week is over.

I hope you have a winning week!

No comments: